View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2008, 21:12 (Ref:2339751)   #324
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well its been a while since I entered this thread so thought now is the time to update. Since my old White 3.0ltr turbo Toyota supra I down sized signifcantly and bought a 1.6 Ghia Ford Fiesta, had that for about 9 months and got bored so changed to a Citroen Xantia 1.9 HDi, not as bad a car as you might think, not stunningly fast, but well not slow either and extremely comfortable and economical I was averaging around 38mpg over a tank, most of that was town driving too.

Then a few months ago I bought another MK3 Toyota supra turbo in red, a nice low mileage example (81,000 miles) for the year (1991), it needed a few bits and pieces doing to it however which I did such as getting a new light bulb cover for the passenger side rear and a new motor for one of the hydraulic headlights as that had gone. No real running problems other than that, other than the temprature gauge had a habit of going sky high when pushed very hard, although I dont think this was the common headgasket problem. Since then however in september my circumstances changed and I am on a signifcantly better wage than before so I decided to change my car once again, this time I have bought a Renault Clio 172 Cup. Amazing little car, probably quicker than the Supra 0-60, not quite as fast mid range or getting to the top end but its outright top speed isnt much slower than on the Supra, very economical too when driven sensibley, can get around 42mpg on a motorway run. Think I will be keeping this for another year, possibly 2. Next car Im after is the Renault Megane Renault Sport coupe, from what I've seen and read they seem to be amazing cars for the money.