Thread: BTCC 2010 rumour mill
View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2588387)   #323
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paul is right about BTCC coverage. Think back this season, yep the cameras haven't focused on the lead for the whole race, but it rarely has shown outside of the top 10-12. You can account that for the need to show close racing, a pack of cars etc, but how often was the likes of Dave Pinkney, Martin Johnson, John George on the screen? Only when they had the odd trip off the black stuff.

No disrepect to any BTCC driver (and certainly not to any with the ability to put a car on the grid in the first place), but the ''Telly'' people want to see a group cars running together, and unless you've found the pace to run midfield or further up, then you haven't really got much chance of getting on the screen. Unless you bin it off, then its for the wrong reasons.

If you're looking at the best championship in Britain, then the BTCC is it. But if you're looking for the most exposure for your sponsors and racing partners, then unless you've got a quick car and a good run of luck, then maybe other championships are better value for money.

I really hope to see Liam back in the BTCC, who knows what doors could be opened with the Cruze contract?

Meanwhile, in other rumours.....

Giovanardi, what options does he have? SEAT look like they are scaling back WTCC efforts, (or even leaving), Chevrolet's seats look filled, BMW are making noises about cutting teams. Are there any touring car series running in Europe that appeal? Spain/Italy? I haven't followed any since the ST days. Could he be tempted by GT racing? Whatever way, he'd want (and justify) a paid drive?