View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2011, 00:16 (Ref:2933109)   #994
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
F1 will desperately want the race live on a major network but the NFL and NASCAR may take preference. It may end up on SPEED which will hurt the US viewership. The USGP November weekend proposed is also the same weekend as the NASCAR finale at Homestead when all three series are scheduled for their final races.

Then we have the week before Thanksgiving factor...the biggest travel time in the US. I have no idea how expensive competing US sports are for the fan that chooses to attend but I know how expensive an F1 weekend is. In this economy some folks will have to make a choice between holiday plans with family and an expensive F1 adventure.

I still think June is the better choice if F1 wants the undivided attention of the US fan base, all 10,000 of them. If the heat is such a worry, they should have thought about that before they picked Austin.
I have a meeting with Tavo on Monday at 8.30AM I am going to tell him to forget the whole thing...