View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2014, 22:23 (Ref:3393583)   #301
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
( Feel free to move this if you thing this is not the most appropriate thread).

These questions are probably going to make me look somewhat foolish; however I am interested in the answers. Now my main area of interest is the BTCC and with the introduction of new NGTC rules the series has been given a new and sustainable lease of life, the reasons of which I have read about and understand.

However, I am interested in all forms of Motor Sport and have recently been enjoying the thrilling GT action of the Blancpain Endurance Series et al. Now obviously GT racing in general is looking exceedingly healthy, you could make a very strong case for it being the best category in modern motor racing. I understand that the major series all use the GT3 regulations.

My questions are: What exactly are GT3 regulations? And why are they working? What is the difference between GT4, GT3 and GTE regulations and why is it that apparently GT3 is working so well on a national level compared with GT4? If GT3 is so healthy, why does the WEC insist on only allowing GTE entries, is this a manufacture related thing? Finally, is GT3 a sustainable set of regulations?

Last edited by BtccLee; 16 Apr 2014 at 22:28.