View Single Post
Old 14 May 2010, 15:08 (Ref:2690425)   #1
kelvin lee
Rookie

England
shropshire uk
kelvin lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Natalie Goodwin's Lotus Seven

Although I have owned and hill climbed my Lotus Seven for sometime now and know a fair bit of it's history I wonder if anyone out there can remember it racing and help me fill in a few gaps. It is chassis # SB1380 road registered 611 UTU and was original finished in bare aluminium with yellow nose and wings. The 1st owner was Natalie Goodwin who bought it in kit form from Rodney Bloor's Sports Motors establishment in Manchester in February 1962. I have spoken to Natalie who told that she raced the car in the Ashley Smithy Garage Team and I understand that it was painted orange and carried a spoof number plate NAT 1. In 1964 Natalie bought the ex David Porter Lotus 7-20 which was also painted orange and had the NAT 1 number plate. SB1380 was then transferred to Ashley Smithy ownership and Natalie believed that it was raced by the teams other drivers that included a Don Hume and Frazer Crombie with the number plate changed to either NIT 1 or Nut 1. In February 1970 the car was sold to Ian William Scholes of Liverpool and in June 1970 it was bought by David Francis Baxter also of Liverpool who kept it until the late 1980's. I would be very interested to hear from anyone who remembers the car.