Old 10 Jul 2007, 08:25 (Ref:1959378)   #23
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Questions, questions!

Gregor, I saw Cosby race this Ferrari several years back, but have no idea whether he is the same man that you mention. Quite possible, I'm sure. The programme places his hometown as Cholesbury, wherever that may be.

Yes, the DB7 was also mentioned by Stephen Archer and it is the V12 Vantage engined version so that could also be some piece of kit!
Looking on Autoroute Cholesbury is 10 miles from Apsley/Hemel Hempstead where Kent Brushes are based then it could be. I always remember Dad telling me he did the Queen's combs, thought it was typical wind up by Dad but he was half true, Kent Brushes have the Royal Warrant and as such I suppose do porvide the Queen's combs and I'm sure Alan Cosby was the man; I notice his Ferrari does have a hair product on it. I'll have to see if I have any old pictures.

From what Geoffrey said a while ago it will be some kit, the Mallocks are involved and I'm not sure if Geoffrey will leave it to them or get some advice from Jock Clear again, either way it should be good.