View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2007, 12:01 (Ref:1960623)   #25
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24_heures
The Rob Beere Racing E-Type was heavily damaged in a shunt at Old Hall some years back. It really is a big, and expensive, job to rebuild what remained.

Alan Cosby's company is Kent Brushes as seen "sponsoring" his Ferrari.

Don Law's white XJ220 was converted back to road spec a couple of years ago. I believe Roger Bowman still has his red car and Larry Kinch still owns the Martini car. Don't know what Larry's plans are racing-wise now Nathan has "retired" from FIA GTs. I understand an XJ220 was advertised in 'the comic' recently as "suitable for the new AMOC Championship". Perhaps it was one of these three?

It would be good to see the V8 Astons as well as the DB7 projects out there, but I think they'll be outclassed. Things have moved on. I just hope the AMOC give Stephen Archer continued support even if the Astons don't win!
Thanks for clarifying a few things, I didn't realise the E-Type was so bad, but as I keep being told with my car it's nothing money can't fix!!

Thanks for confirming the Ferrari and the Queen link!!

Is Roger Bowman's red car LHD? I remember a time when Geoffrey was going to buy a red LHD one which was one of the prototype models and I think was chassis number 2, always wondered what happened to it.

I agree, I think the V8 Astons would be outclassed, then engine design is 40 years old now, but you never know, shame Dad isn't still here to find out!! I'm not sure how commercial this championship is but hopefully the AMOC will keep supporting it.