View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3325182)   #2892
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Ironically, I click your supplied link and get the same page as the previous link. Damn interweb.
You need account and you need to join the group to see it. Here is the part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone on that page
I've been there 2 days ago and I managed to see the car on the track for a few laps. It's actually a bit louder than in the video posted 2 days ago and the car is exactly the same as in the video that Porsche released 2/3 days ago (same aero package for sure). Even the livery has the same camouflage texture so nothing new from that POV. The car with the pink tape on it slowed down and stopped before entering the Ascari in the morning and then the car came out after 1+hour without the pink tape (not sure if it was a different car). They never completed a lap, the car was always slowing down into the pit lane or on the straight at every lap, so no lap times available in comparison with the Audi that tested a couple of weeks ago (and the Audi was also cutting the first chicane unlike the Porsche). Engine is probably a petrol-turbo engine with a small displacement because the sound is quite different from the Audi (less turbo noise and as I said a bit more loud).

My thoughts about all this secret testing are that:
1- they probably won't show that the car is not very reliable so far.
2- more than hiding the aero package they wanna hide the engine side of the car.
3- they're releasing a lot of their videos lately to take away the media attention from these testing days that they did at Monza. Their track is too short and without long straights and critical braking points - as Monza has instead.
I think that they left Monza this morning - or they will left in the afternoon - with a lot of data available and possibly a good amount of work to do on the engine. Car was looking fast but not sure as fast as the Audi...
Just my 2 cents after spending 4 hours hiding in the bushes around the track.