View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2024, 13:01 (Ref:4191111)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Diecast display cabinets and LED lighting

Having outgrown my current display cabinet I have finally committed to a new one (see attached). I am interested if anyone has any experience with LED light strips that they'd be so good as to share?

I am thinking that I will run a total of 7 strips (one on each shelf) and these will likely run the full length of the shelf with holes created through each of the the 3 vertical dividers where the strip will run through. I am guessing it would be best to run this inside a diffuser but not sure if it makes sense to fix the strips to the front ort rear of each shelf and whether this should be at the front, centre or rear? Guess it depends on the diffuser/profile used? Any suggestions?

In terms of powering the strips I am guessing I would need to order 7 individual strips with an approx overall length of 2.5m and then somehow connect each to a driver? How would I go about calculating/sourcing the correct driver? This really isn't my area of expertise and a guide would be welcomed!

Thanks for any help!
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG