View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 2012, 15:34 (Ref:3175040)   #2508
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The point is that you're going to places that don't have a heritage of motorsport at all, or at the very least, not on a more major level. F1 started as a collection of the leading events for open-wheel cars for that time period, including the Indianapolis 500.

Buddh is alright, though it has failed to produce good racing for F1, despite those wide entries at Turns 3, 4, and 16 (I also just find them ugly as sin). The trouble I see is, from Turn 5 around to Turn 15, pulling off a pass within your own class will be extremely difficult, and even passing lower-class traffic may be rather challenging as well. A number of the turns in that section strike me as being of the type that may only be very quick for F1 cars. In addition, the LMPs don't have the power/torque they had to get off the corners, which are also too quick to get ultimate advantage out of having low-end torque. On top of this, the straights around the middle of the lap are short, meaning the braking zones in the middle of the lap are not terribly severe either. This will make it hard for an LMP to get up a head of steam, and be able to really decisively outbrake the GTs into the next corner.