Thread: Tech Issue The Sound Of The V6 Turbo PU..
View Single Post
Old 13 Nov 2014, 18:02 (Ref:3474292)   #523
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
The whole F1 situation seems to have gone into self destruct mode and sometimes I get the feeling that an underlying cause is threads like this, and others which are heavily critical, mostly on the basis of personal perception.
My first season was 1967 and my last one was about five years ago.

If the on-track action is good, great. I got into it for the cars, and the sport has been on a 30 year trajectory to block development of the cars, supposedly to reduce costs, and it has in fact has the opposite effect of ensuring a very direct relationship between money and success.

That has led to the place F1 is in now. Bernie is finally reaching his dream of pushing all the little teams out. I liked the little teams. The little teams, doing lots of interesting, innovative stuff were what attracted me to F1. I find it ironic that Bernie's effort to make it big time and all about the "show", is in the process of killing it altogether.

Really, I should be rooting for this process to reach its ultimate end, the complete collapse of the sport, because I am sure that out of the ashes it would be reborn much more like it was in the 1950's-1980's, but I have a hard time rooting for destruction.