Thread: Lawrence Gibson
View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2003, 09:59 (Ref:549739)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Robin, you are fogetting one type of engine and that was the two twin turbo units thyat Dagfinn Larsen prepared long before Golop and Cliff Humphries went that route.
Dagfin himself had a 2.3 like Will's and scored some good A final results with it. That car went to Jorma Kovanen I think.
But the real banger was the 2.8 BiTurb he built for Arne Rasmushagen. That was a flyer and got Arne very close to a few wins, even at Lydden when Alamake shoved Schie up the wall.
That car had silly power and was later used by Bengt Wiklund who blew no end of shafts on it.
On another note I have heard many rumours about power for Metro's. The most I ever heard for a 3.8 was about 500 for Palmers state of the art Goodmans jobbie.
I think Lawrence has a couple of cars, he has flogged one to anotehr Irishman.
As for N/A cars. I was speaking to Helmut Holfeld a few years ago and he told me about Karl Cleary's car. Over four litres and silly power, but he uses it for sprinting and stuff after retiring from rallycross. Nearly beat Helmut when he had the 306 so must have been quick.
Hope this helps!!