Old 6 Nov 2003, 23:07 (Ref:775311)   #15
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My predictions:

Ferrari B
M Schumacher, Barrichello, (Badoer, McNish)

Williams BMW M
Montoya, R Schumacher, (Gene, Pizzonia)

McLaren Mercedes M
Raikkonen, Coulthard, (de la Rosa, Villeneuve, Turner)

Renault M
Alonso, Trulli, (Montagny)

BAR Honda M
Button, Sato, (Davidson)

Sauber Petronas B
Fisichella, Massa

Jaguar Ford M
Webber, Wurz, (Klein)

Toyota M
da Matta, Panis (Zonta)

Jordan Mercedes B
Heidfeld, Firman, (Petrov)

Minardi Ford B
Bruni, Wilson (Yoong, Bobbi, Zlobin)

I'm really hoping & praying that Nishy gets the 2nd Ferrari test role, and as was said in the thread about it, it would be a wise choice from the Scuderia, given his Michelin knowledge, vast experience and good PR work.

Villeneuve - please, he deserves an F1 drive, but will he fit McLaren's image? I doubt it. But is there seriously anyone else avaiable of his standard? No.

BAR are tipped to switch to Michelin.

Jag - Red Bull sponsored Wurz and Klein bag the rides, a good move from both a money and driving point of view.

Jordan - Frentzen has been constantly talking about moving to other series, so I doubt he even wants the drive now. Heidfeld would make sense for experience, so would Jos along with his money, but I don't think EJ will have liked to see him destroying Minardi post-Suzuka. Firman stays to keep B&H happy, with Petrov bringing Russian cash in the test seat. To be honest I think he does sound quite impressive for his inexperience. It's very difficult to win every race in a championship at any year in your career, never mind your first, and winning that FRenault "world champs" that my local lad Sharp didn't (but should have) is very impressive too. But then there's Cagliari. Was he in a poor team or something? It's too early for a race seat, so a test one would allow him to be properly evaluated. To Merc or not to Merc, that is the question. Would be a wise move if it's cheaper than Ford, as it would give them McLaren junior team status and give them access to promising drivers like Hamilton and Cheng in the future, if they can survive financially that long...

Minardi - Bruni's in the mould of previous Minardi proteges Fisi, Alonso and Webber. PS has said he wants Justin, and Minardi might be the only option for him. It might be a step back, but if he can beat Bruni comprehensively he can maybe get a second chance in a decent team. But neither of those two bring cash, so that'll have to come from testers Yoong, Bobbi and Zlobin.
So I ride out to the old sundown