View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2011, 16:57 (Ref:2890653)   #53
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just posted this in another thread, but it belongs here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Yes, that's obvious from the press release, but any involvement of the FIA in Le Mans is a matter of concern to me.

Remember Jean-Marie Balestre? How long before it all goes wrong again? Worse still, what if Mr Ecclestone decides he wants a part of it?
Ecclestone has nothing to do with FIA.
Ecclestone is head man of the hedge fond which owns the F1 brand, ei. the Marketing branch of F1.
Ecclestone therefor will have NOTHING to say at Le Mans, unless he somehow purchase power from ACO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I'm still hoping that Todt remembers the state of Le Mans when he ran the show at Peugeot Sport, and does everything possible to prevent sportscar racing from going into another nosedive like that.
Todt entered Le Mans with Peugeot Talbot Sport, when it was about to go wrong. Remember the 3.5L rules, which killed the Group C cars?, The Peugeot 905 was one of the first of them.

But Todt, i respect, and i really think and hope that he know the spirit of Le Mans, and wants to improve this.