View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2011, 17:34 (Ref:2890681)   #60
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
It'll be interesting to see if the ACO can schedule a race in Brazil (or some other valuable Latin American country for Peugeot/Audi) on back-to-back weeks (or something similar) with either Sebring or Petit. I'm sure that is being considered. Weather and track availability will be key. I'm not sure if Sebring is Petit is better in that regard. Hopefully both stay on the calendar.

The difference between the WTCC and the ILMC/WEC is that I'm guessing GM would like to advertise their Cruze in the US. Peugeot does not have anything to advertise in the US. Audi does, but I don't know if they have enough pull by themselves. AM, Porsche, Ferrari, and others aren't French and probably don't pay any sort of "ACO tax" to have any say on the matter. It almost seems like the direction the ILMC/WEC takes is dependent on what the Peugeot and Audi marketing departments want to do. Someone like Honda or Toyota could help sway the situation, but I guess they'll have to prove their interest.
South America will also be interesting, as it is also a market for Peugeot and Audi.
A race in America
Brazil
South America
China
Australia
And one or two in Europe (Le Mans one of them of course)
Now that would be a proper WEC calendar!. But highly unlikely because of the huge travel expenses.