View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3042694)   #1798
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Re: Simon Lazenby. I'd never heard of him before, but he seems alright to me. He has the same sort of easy-going likeability of Jake Humphrey
I thought he was fine. And he even also wears pink shirts!

They could have done with an onboard of Grosjean's lap after qually was over though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The team works well together, but will need time to gell. That was the real good aspect of the beeb team by the end, although if you were being picky you'd say that the relationship was being to jump the shark with EJ.
They've fallen into that trap Top Gear did (which it might have got out of really) of trying to deliver the same incidental banter which sometimes happens due to their chemistry, but forcing it, which is seen in the way the reference to EJ's shirts can get out of hand at times and a few similar things. Some of the intros for example with the three of them are a bit 'let's be a bit idiotic' Top Gear-esque. They're damn good, but they shouldn't force it quite so much.

There's a programme on the F1 Channel now with Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill and Murray Walker sitting round chatting about the past in a studio that resembles a living room a bit. Oddly, there's a cafetiere half-filled with coffee, but no-ones yet pushed the plunger down and it's been 15 or 20 minutes. Is it an artificial prop?

Last edited by Born Racer; 17 Mar 2012 at 11:34.