View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 2009, 07:46 (Ref:2554952)   #16
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky-steve View Post
so what's wrong with a Morris Marina????

on seconds thoughts don't answer that
The floor pan filling with water overnight, to the point where it flowed over my feet as I opened the car door in the morning is my first abiding memory, and one of many.

In my youth I've driven 7 year old Cortinas (my newest car at the time) , a 15 year old Austin Cambridge with a customised one-wheel braking system, a Cortina Mk 1 whose headlights kept falling out of their sockets, and a Riley Kestrel in which I had to avoid holes in the road because the rear subframe was only connected to the car by gravity. And I cherish them all, except the Marina, which was, without a shadow of any doubt, the greatest mechanical abortion ever produced by British Leyland, or any other manufacturer including Skoda. There! I've said it! Hurrah! After 25 years I am released of the burden. OK, nurse I'll go back to bed now. Yippee!