View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3340472)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
in the other thread where we are talking about this and wolfhound brought a good point that more jobs as a result of running 3 cars can only be a good thing. also there is a logic to making f1 more cost effective by running a 3 car plus more sponsorship space. it could even be seen as a short term alternative to budget caps.

but i just dont see why any team would want absorb/merge a smaller team instead of rather wanting to see them fold so they can eat up their share of the prize money.

sure they would get the small teams assets (property rights to a sub par car and an underdeveloped factory which in the OP post included factories in different countries) but they would also be assuming their debt obligations of these fledgling teams which could be in the tens of millions by now.