Thread: LM24 Race Hearing Protection / Ear Muffs
View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2014, 22:54 (Ref:3375105)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brico View Post
1. 3M Work Tunes (formerly Peltor)
2. Elvex Quiet Tunes 660
Thanks for the suggestions. I might give these a go this year.
I usually have the earplugs inside ear defenders solution with a small FM dedicated radio. Works OK, but the wire is annoying.

It is good to look after your ears, although I didn't try too hard when the race was louder. However the main reason nowadays is for drowning out that 'commentary' in the grandstands. It's not like in the old days when it added to the atmosphere, now it destroys it. Horrible shouty man, that doesn't get any better even if you can work out what he is saying. It seems French commentary has gone the same way as English.

TOM KristenSSSENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

At the suggestion of others here last year I reduced my RLM intake. However in the grandstand I still had my ear defenders on. Also while close to the track for protection reasons. When watching, but not right on the edge of the track it was nice to be free of defenders and the radio to soak it up.

Those look like good suggestions, although they don't see that easy to get hold of in the UK. I'd like to try before buying and there not high street stuff?