Thread: fitness again
View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2004, 15:06 (Ref:886350)   #4
Werewolf
Racer

Werewolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the best personal trainer is yourself .youd be better spending your hard earned on your motor racing.
dont set unrealistic goals to achieve your fitness.that is the biggest killer of any self- motovation.plan your exercise to a weekly schedule.I would recommend the first month doing basic exercises you can do around the house i.e.pushups star jumps squats etc. dont overlook the obvious.this will get the heart rate pumping and is good cardio work.After that i would move onto some running not just plodding but changing the pace from short sharp bursts to a steady pace.if tired walk a little let the heart rate settle and push on.i would recommend rest every other day the body needs to recover.you will find in no time at all your overall fitness wiil improve.if you dont like running bike work is excellent but remember to just push yourself a litle harder each time.try standing on and off a chair a half an hour and find out how tirying it can be.its all basic stuff doesnt cost anything and gets you fit