View Single Post
Old 29 May 2011, 08:55 (Ref:2887377)   #18
shatners bassoon
Rookie

shatners bassoon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's Eurocentric then it's a symptom of the format gravitating back to that part of the world. Indycar seems to be staggering about and a pale shadow of CART in the '90s and perhaps this and FNippon were strengthened by F3000s failing as F1's feeder formula. Having said that, GP2's suffered a bit in this respect of late - perhaps we were spoilt with Rosberg and Hamilton?

I'd put F3 above GP3, which is a step too far from Bernie. F3 has a historic basis but it's one that has been justifiably gained. F2's position seems about right - having a full grid certainly helps but I think we've seen that the guys that do well here have potential, hopefully Stoneman will make a recovery and go some way to proving his talent and Palmer's showing flashes in GP2 that will surely improve with experience - he's hardly out of his depth, is he?

FRenault 3.5 seems to have established itself too from its origins - I'm sure it was subjected to criticism in its early years but you can hardly knock a series with Vergne and Ricciardo going up against each other amongst others, can you?

No issues with FFord and Renault on that list either - they've had years to establish themselves, decades in the case of the former. And Superleague is pretty much dead in the water, no surprise as the whole soccer/motorsport concept was pretty tenuous.

Last edited by shatners bassoon; 29 May 2011 at 09:09.