View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2672778)   #74
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
The last time I looked the GT2 minimum weight was 1150kg, with a handful of cars running 1200kg+ with a bigger restrictor, and in Porsches case larger tyres too, that was a few years back.

Are there any GT2 cars running under 1200kg in ACO spec?

Furthermore, if the ACO do run a single GT2 class, is there anything stopping them cutting each cars minimum weight by 50kg-100kg?
All cars curently running in LMS/ALMS are running under 1245 kg, gt1 tires front and back, and larger restrictors,

Last year Ferrari was the only one that ran 1145kg and lower power and tire size, also porsche ran last tear gt1 tires only in the back while this year they are running front and back.

since every one is running same weigth rules, the ACO can lower the minimum weigt, but that would simpl make gt2 cars even fasster and from what i can figure out the aco wants to keep gt2 over 4min at le mans!!!, in 2008 some porsches and ferrari roke that barrier, and in 2009 aco add 20kg and 5% restrictor reduction witch is smart in my opinion! it gives smaller factories a chance to make competitive cars
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.