View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2012, 03:23 (Ref:3051530)   #43
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
WEC Full Season Entry: 13/30 All-Pro line-ups
ELMS Paul Ricard Entry: 3/21 All-Pro line-ups
ALMS Long Beach Entry: 11/36 All Pro Line-ups

That number is only going to decrease as we head towards the future. I doubt an already small audience is going to care about the driver lineups if Sports Car racing is indeed their favourite motorsport. To be a "top notch" championship in sports car racing or motorsports in general you need large grids (cough...blancpain), professional drivers (plenty in these series, just not all pro LINEUPS), large variety of cars that people actually care about (cough... GT2/E and GT3), and decent local media coverage (cough...ADAC GT Masters)

If people want to watch racing based on the driver talent level, then F1 is by far the series for them.
I hate to defend NASCAR, but the Sprint Cup series might have something to say about that. If it isn't level with F1, it is very, very close. Oh wait, semantics... Sprint Cup is scripted, not real racing. My mistake.

Chris