View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2013, 10:18 (Ref:3326932)   #352
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He'll find his confidence again once he has a winning car. That's all he needs in my opinion, to be sure he can fight for the WDC.

When he got those poles in Silverstone, Germany and Hungary he was driving better and better and seemed fully motivated. Then after Spa when Vettel won the race and halted Lewis and Merc's momentum, Lewis went backwards again.
At least that's how I see it. His best result since Spa is 5th, whereas Rosberg has scored a couple of podiums, finished ahead of Hamilton in 5 of those 6 races, and outscored him 63 to 36. So it's not the car.

But to be fair, I think that's just part of the problem. His driving style is too aggressive for these tyres and he is struggling to adapt. And add to that the fact that he is the only top driver to change teams and he has had to adapt to a new car too, which is very different from the stiff McLarens he used to drive his entire F1 career.

We can expect a better season for him next year I believe. He'll know the team better, he'll know the car better, and according to Pirelli the tyres will be more durable so he won't struggle to maintain a consistent pace throughout a whole stint.