Thread: Classic Cars
View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2006, 21:11 (Ref:1535701)   #2
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not being much of a traditionalist or an afficionado, I'd say it's very subjective.

Go to any "Classic Car Show" and the impression you'll gain is that a classic car is anything that still looks pristine 25 years after it rolled out of the factory.

To me, it has to have achieved something. Beautiful lines, revolutionary design, motorsport success could all be a factor.

Beyond that, I really couldn't give you a formula. But if you fired a list of car makes and models at me I'd be able to fire back a thoroughly subjective "Yes" or "No" just as quickly!