View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3395868)   #32
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
I agree, there's quite a difference between coming straight out of karts like Verstappen and having two years of decent level single seaters (and F3 experience from Macau) under your belt like Ocon.

That said, Fuoco himself was also super impressive in his first season in cars last year and Ocon is clearly looking best at the moment, so I'm not going to take sides just yet. I'm looking forward to see how all three perform this year.

I think that both 3 are tremendously good anyway.

For example Ocon was way faster than Kirchofer in tests with Prema last year. I would'nt be surprised if Ocon was on top in GP3 straight away like Max or Antonio.

I would say that the main difference now with talented drivers and very good rookies in new categories is quality of preparation (professionalism).

Ocon is helped by Lotus, Stephane Guérin ( the guy who ran SG Formula and nursed Ricciardo/Vergne/Bianchi/Pic/Grosjean) and Winway. Plus Prema environnement. Fuoco is with Luca Baldisierri. Verstappen is also in very good place , plus his factory karting expereience.

We also see this trend with new car race drivers such as Charles Leclerc,Russell,Hubert in 2.0.

That's why also i believe that a guy like Gasly i think has a good future because his preparation is quite limited compared to Lynn or Sainz Jr in terms of racing experience. I hope that Red Bull will send in GP3 or F3 for few outings to do some mileage.