View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3398278)   #47
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Cammish View Post
Ivan, I think perhaps unfair is a description from a bygone age were motor racing is concerned, I think sponsors are very suspicious of motor racing and F1 in particular so for me the next generation of F1 drivers will all share similar social backgrounds, I personally can understand why the family of Charles Pic would spend 30 to 40 million on his career, they figured they could probably over a period of time buy him further up the grid (the theory on this was once explained to me by a top F3 team owner), when that for 014 was not possible I am sure they took the view to step back and view the land scape for 015 when a team higher up the grid might need an injection of cash and he would be attractive with his budget and experience. The Pic Family clearly will not be disadvantaged by the outlay and there a lots of similar families in Europe and Asia with motorsport loving sons and daughters, there are virtually no other global hi visibility sports were you can buy up to the top table except F1 so it's attractive and even though it has a reducing appeal to the masses, it will I am sure sustain through its attractiveness to the global elite.
Yeah, totally agree. At least we still have Red Bull, Ferrari and McLaren bringing proper talents.
Still I would have picked Pic over Maldonado at Lotus, I guess PDVSA's check was too juicy fat for their family trust Midfield is their maximum, it will be pure luck to end at the front.