View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2928625)   #289
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So based on MP's own words, what became the "V8 Supertourer" was originally the new NZV8 car. Which I thought was the case.

And at some point obviously, they cut themselves loose, leaving the rest of NZV8's to whatever. I'm sure they expected NZV8's to fold, but obviously they have decided to fight back quickly and what could be decisively.

Now it is all adding up because I couldn't understand how we got from NZV8's and the new car being developed to V8 Supertourers suddenly appearing on the scene. I was like Huh? What?

As I have said before, I've been through this with CART and the irl and their split and what happens when the thirst of egos and quest for power and control come to play. In the quest for the whole pie, they get it eventually but it's a tiny pie, not worth anything. From 1995, they have lost about 85-90% of their fanbase and tv audience. The irl is an irrelevant series now.

A lot of people lost their jobs, their businesses over it.

Can NZ financially support 2 top level touring car series? Along with support series, television, promotion and so on? I have my doubts that is going to work out too well.

I'm not taking sides, but am extremely disappointed this is what has happened.