View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2012, 10:20 (Ref:3034890)   #1460
Simon S
Racer

England
Simon S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
Wow I'm impressed, I honestly would have expected the two blue elises to be around 100K easy, I'm talking original purchase, development (including all those little mistakes and changes along the way) and the final build costs.

Still it would have to be up there surely?

Elise's aside, I think my comment 'I'd say at least a quarter of our field are $100K + cars. With a couple in the multiple hundred thousands!' would still be pretty accurate, based on 2011 Enduro fields at least.

Yeah, my bad, should have been $20-30K including entry, not including the cost of the car or post event rebuilding. Sure it's not going to be a front running car, but if you choose a reliable car, driven with a view to finish (and assuming nothing major goes wrong) it could be in for a class podium.

Entry: $11K
Tyres: $3-4K (one new set and a few used sets - admittedly I haven't looked at the 'tyre contract' though?)
Fuel: $1.5-2K
Food & Accomodation: $1-2K (how much was camping this year?)
Oil, filters, belts, freshen up etc pre event: $1K
Brakes rotors and pads: $1K

Post event freshen up = another 100,00Km engine from an importer - $1000
that's all well and good if you just want to run round at the back (and remember you still have to make the 130%)

Not sure your one set of tyres (and a few old ones) would go in the conditions this year either?

asides all that, you would be happy to pay $20-30K to be last (with a serious possibility of not even starting)

(in all this I have also ignored the cost of fitting out your car with dry-break fuel fittings and buying/renting fuel towers, this alone is not trivial)