Thread: NZV8's 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2012, 03:52 (Ref:3031741)   #778
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well PM, that's all water well and truly under the bridge now isn't it.

To answer your question though, probably not. But they aren't really considered the main act now, are they?

I think very important issues in NZV8 built up over some years, and none were resolved in a timely fashion. This caused a lot of dissatisfaction and concern about the future for many. Ultimately that prevented an agreement on the way forward, hence the breakaway.

I don't know what the issues were, but I suspect some parties wanted a longer timeframe to complete the transition from old to new, and that was not acceptable to others. I would also pick that the 'behind the scenes' activities of some at TMC were not seen as ever being in the best interests of the sport at large, so for some, enough was enough.

There are lot of guys in NZV8 who like to tinker and tweak their cars all weekend and for them, a spec class reduces that enjoyment. Engine builders who make money from that class, don't want spec engines.

In reality it probably couldn't happen, but I suggest that a benevolent dictator with no commercial interests could have fixed this properly, and quite quickly.