View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2010, 22:45 (Ref:2744375)   #41
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
are Bimmers and Vettes the favorites at Road America with their straight speed ?
Well before we say they have a straight line advantage -

Corvette has proven to a have a slight and I do mean slight straight line advantage. Ferrari has found some straight line speed and power from switching over to E85. Since Corvette already made that switch any additional gains are likely to come from chassis balance, I don't think they can double stint tire just yet, a problem.

BMW showed pace all throughout 2009 if not on the leaders pace. They got split up by the safety car at the caution period less than half way through the race. All the other teams saw that has being FOUL considering the investment and to be honest we as fans were robbed of an excellent battle up front in class.

They changed to the current rule the following weekend at Mosport we need to work on Le Man's safety car rules...

If anything the team at a disadvantage is Porsche. If things keep to form when errors aren't being made elsewhere, they have finished off the podium in 2 of the last 4 races. Even with the DNS, last week's victory pulled Risi within striking distance and Melo made the move he made because he needed the victory, he wasn't going to get held up by the BMW duo.

There is no other Porsche to play spoiler or blocker. I feel this will be addressed by Petit with either Felbermeyer-Porton, BMS or even pulling Seth out of the #44.

The tactics of Risi are simple from here on out - WIN, lock out th front row in qualifying and keep the #61 out of harms way so it locks out the 2nd podium position. You will see "Team Orders" here if the #61 is leading depending where the #45 is in the standings.

Its going to get uglay....