View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2008, 09:12 (Ref:2141987)   #71
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I didn't mean it quite like that Peter, more that the HRSR regs have evolved from a different period in a certain direction, being 66 and on gp5, and that rather than revert to (IMO) a more economic/period correct specification (ie pre66 gp2) the committee have decided to implement an alternative method to try and level the imbalance between its own regs and pre66 gp2 spec, or App K as it is more commonly known now.

I think the reason you get more App K (gp2) cars at the 'high profile' meetings is also because they're longer races as well, the HRSR races are typically 10-20 minute sprints, whereas App k type races are an hour or more, this all falls into line with the club races and International type race formats.

I'd love to race at Cadwell, but can't justify a weekend on british A roads for a 10 minute dash, its less road driving for me to go to Spa!