Thread: A1 Bankrupt!
View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2009, 19:11 (Ref:2572158)   #89
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
...when Americans competed in A1GP only a diehard racing fan here got a hint of the news. So what's it like everywhere else?
I was very disappointed with the coverage that our national television broadcaster (RTÉ) dedicated to A1GP when Adam Carroll won the championship this year. On the news it seemed like an afterthought, one of those "and finally" type headlines, and I don't recall seeing any highlights programme - perhaps they didn't have the rights to broadcast the footage, I don't know. BBC Northern Ireland weren't much better either.

Like you pointed out in your post, unless you're a petrol-head you wouldn't really be conscious of a worldwide series such as A1GP compared with the likes of F1 and WRC. It's a shame because more often than not, people who describe motorsport as boring are only being exposed to Formula One Grands Prix which, let's face it, can be as dull as dishwater sometimes.