View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2572604)   #95
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
Hi Climb,

That's an interesting point you raised, and I'm always curious to know how people around the world view this subject.

Here in the U.S., there's a lot of discussion that flagging IndyCar popularity is based in part on the lack of American drivers. I disagree with that: my favorites in any series are chosen on their performance (and character) after seeing what they've got to show.

That said, when Americans competed in A1GP only a diehard racing fan here got a hint of the news.

So what's it like everywhere else? Was the A1GP national loyalty idea a marketing concept that didn't really matter to people?

Either way, I don't think it has much to do with their failure. Quite a pity if the series can't recover, though.

Andrew Bernstein
With the costs associated in racing you need major media-exposure to land sponsorship. The major flaw that i see in the business plans of A1GP and Superleague is that they think/thought that their 'gimmick' (racing nation vs nation, club vs club) is so interesting that the big media would cover it, and that was simply not the case. Without the tv-networks believing in a1gp it was doomed.