View Single Post
Old 1 Mar 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3373611)   #123
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Al. We raced with SUNBAC without spectators as you know. We've also raced at big weekends with spectators. Whether they are there or not matters little to enjoying a good race.
SUNBAC, that rings a bell and although I've raced with them I can't remember where
As for the crowds Peter, some drivers only race for the adulation they get and are disappointed if no one takes any notice of them.
As for them opening it up to the lower classes, their reason seems to be purely money orientated. I'm sure they could afford to carry the meeting for one year as a trial, after all if our own Claire and John can do this then the GRRC can manage it. If they want to save money then they could do away with the paid celebs as tbh I would want to go to see the cars not fancy names driving them.