Thread: NZV8's 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 22 May 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3077746)   #1352
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
well i guess the blues dont cancel their season because they are losing games and the crowds are down.
tier 1 has had a hard year....i suppose in sports terms would be called a 'transition' year..
however,as an avid motorsport follower please tell me what classic event smoked the entire tier 1 season,cause i havent seen it.....!!
At the MSNZ Conference, Chris Watson from Hampton Downs said the gate takings from the recent Classic Festival (BMW Festival held in January) were more than the total Tier 1 season's gate takings as shown in the most recent TMC accounts. I recollect that in another discussion he said that over the last few years there had been five events they had held which individually took in more than the Tier 1 season's takings.
When you think about it, it is not that surprising. The most recently reported season's Tier 1 gate takings were around $172k (figure from TMC's accounts). If you divide that by an average ticket price of $25 you get a total of 6880 paying spectators over all six rounds. I would think that the BMW Festival (and the previous Bruce McLaren and Chris Amon Festivals) easily had more than 6880 paying spectators at each of those events.