View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3024024)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly these days, it seems people are only interested in the fake rivalry between some of the riders.

Most people seem to fall into a pro Rossi or pro Stoner camp, and you only have to look at how most threads end up being a slanging match between the two to see this.

I don't really mind the two. Stoner is undoubtedly the quickest rider around right now, on the best bike and that is fair enough.

Yes, he can try and rub Vale's nose in it by saying he can't win on a Ducati, and he has a point.

But Valentino has won far more races, far more titles and been a success on every bike he has ridden apart from the Ducati, so Stoner can either respect that or shoot his mouth off about the Ducati which he has done.

For me, in a fight on bikes they are both happy with Vale would beat Stoner in a fight, but maybe wouldn't be able to catch him if he got away.

But in a fight I would always back Rossi, thing is these days he can't get close enough for long enough to mix it.

And also I think Rossi is still a bit old school, and that doesn't work on the modern bikes, he can change his style like Mick and Wayne and Eddie used to, to accomodate a worn tyre. That skill has been eroded with electronics, and Stoner has adapted better.

I also think Casey can ride that way, but I just don't think he is quite as adaptable, and as I say, in a scrap I would always back Vale.