View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2006, 23:08 (Ref:1790971)   #56
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, I've thought some more about this, and got even more confused, so here goes with the start of the questions.

Will I still be able to volunteer for the duty I want to do? What I want to do depends on the venue and the categories racing, and I like to mix them up for variety. It is a hobby after all. Since the two duties don't officially exist, then what will the volunteering forms say? And since I'll dress differently or carry different equipment according to what I'm doing, I really want to know before I set out.

I spend a little under half my season at speed events, and despite the fact that they run under different grading schemes, I've always considered that an incident marshal (course/fire/incident/incident officer) is doing the same job at both types of event - though acknowledging that circuit handling requires a different outlook because the aims are not quite the same - the skills are 90% transferable at least. So I tend to go to the hillclimb training sessions because it's more convenient. But that, apparently, won't cover me for the training sessions needed to maintain my circuit grade.

The scheme talks about Post Chief training sessions for speed events. Hmm, I wonder if someone's going to run one, then. I wonder if the MSA, clueless about marshalling circuits, even knows what the difference is when operating at a hill climb or sprint.

That's just for starters. I'm sure there's many more.