View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2945068)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All the teams that could trot out an additional car at some events, including Indy, had them as rolling stock for some years... such was the longevity of the current chassis. A total junking of these cars may ensure thin grids at some events, just due to access to bits and pieces to run them. Like tubs. Like aero packages.

Too many cars without a confirmed engine package to be signing too many drivers just yet either I would have thought.

Mr Andretti's squad was previously well-loved by Honda, who gave them preferential treatment and a budget tickle.. but that was in the open competition Danica-era... would that return? Mr Hunter-Reay is game signing for a team without a powerplant... and one that doesnt have a mega sponsor subsidising the not insignificant chassis changeover cost.

KV Racing hasnt exactly fallen over themselves to suggest they might run the new Lotus powerplant either.. the article above suggests from Mr Vasser that they may choose Honda or Chevrolet... With Mr Sato there, I would have said Honda..

Funny how there was a load of chat about Dale Coyne not being able to fund a changeover to the new chassis, but Mr Coyne seems likely to keep Mr Bourdais for a full program, including ovals. (A shame actually, Mr Bourdais would have been brilliant in a V8Supercar for 2012...). Would they follow the Penske example and do a deal with Chevrolet?

While Sarah Fisher Racing is in a similar boat... Chevrolet too?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods