View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2010, 21:32 (Ref:2627543)   #47
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All of the Lexus models, not sure how many of the Toyotas, that were recalled have the push start on them and most people probably haven't read their owner's manual. it supposedly says the only way to shut it down while in motion is to hold the starter button for 5 plus seconds. This will not dramatically impact the handling of the car at speed because the power steering is not needed as much then. However, if the engine is racing the braking can be compromised because they run a vacuum boosted braking system. The cars with a key are even easier because if you turn the key to one position behind start it will turn it off but not lock the wheel, hase to be turned one more click for that. However, you have to be used to that and know what the car will do without power. Not everyone has a crazy father like mine that would reach over and kill the truck at 45 so I'd know what would happen. Got my attention REAL quick, especially in a 1985 3/4 Suburban that had full power brakes, took almost everything I had to push the pedal down.