Thread: Chevron B45
View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2004, 14:14 (Ref:836679)   #12
jlcw
Rookie

jlcw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to everyone for all this valuable info. Dan, you are correct it is John Connell - recognized his name as soon as I saw it. I think he lives in the Indianapolis area somewhere - maybe owns a transmission shop - not sure though.

Chris thanks for the details on the FA series. Bits of it I knew - but you have filled in a lot more info. Thanks. John Zimmerman's book has a wonderful image of Rosberg in a B45 (chassis unkown) kissing the wall at a street circuit it appears. There is also a photograph of him at Montreal in 1978 in what is clearly a B39. Curiously, I was competing in an AFFA FFord race there the same weekend (finished 10th in a field of 35)- the weekend that Gilles had his historic victory in the Ferrari.

Ed Swart has a B42. I met him at Road Atlanta a couple of years ago when he had a sports racer there. I sent him a single use camera to photograph all aspects of the car which helped me in putting together my car since they are essentially identical. It has a 2 liter BDG motor - so he runs it as an F2 in the HSR series.

Jeff