Thread: Team Team 'Lotus' ?
View Single Post
Old 27 May 2011, 13:58 (Ref:2886717)   #29
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
Group Lotus are "seeking leave to appeal"
How is the issue of use of the Lotus brand ever going to get resolved? If the ruling states that Team Lotus are allowed to be called Team Lotus and Group Lotus are allowed to use plain old Lotus, how is anybody supposed to decide in future that one of them can't use the name that has been judged to be 'theirs'? Presumably as things stand, Group still can't have their own team and call their chassis a Lotus because F1's rules don't allow it, and I guess that's what they're trying to change, but you would think as part of the court case that Tony Fernandes & co have proved to the judge's satisfaction that they do indeed own the rights to use Team Lotus, so Group would have to go some to convince an appeal court otherwise...this is a bit much for my brain on a Friday afternoon.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'