View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2009, 14:34 (Ref:2413677)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob View Post
Doesn't giving tyres more grip mean they will have to be softer and not last as long, no wonder the manufacturers are welcoming the move.
You cynic.
And, as if to highlight this, the photo on the beeb news story is of Michelin F1tyres!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
As suggested, I would have thought wet weather/poor surface grip might be a more suitable improvement than dry grip. I hope whoever writes the legislation is sensible enough to include a clause about longevity, otherwise we'll be doing far more environmental damage by virtue of having to change tyres every 10k miles or less.
Yes, a true environmental benefit would come from tyres that last longer.

For the road I don't chase ultimate grip in the dry from tyres. I've not come across a tyre that is truly awful in the dry for ages.