View Single Post
Old 6 May 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3402906)   #74
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Ocon was never close enough to Max to try(gap was more than 1 sec throughout the race), and overtaking is possible, Max Verstappen overtook Ocon in race 3 at Silverstone for 2nd place(and after that drove away from him)

Yes Ocon has won 2 races, but there are 4 other racewinners, including one who now will only get better every weekend, having come straight from karts.
well ocon just saved the results, why he would take risks (kill his tyres) in race 3. He has the lead in championship?

Before race 3 Ocon said that to the press : "If i take a very good start, i will try to overtake in first corner, if not i will just stay there and take points from second place."

And for Silverstone Ocon was running in older tyres and had tyre degradation.

Then i don't think that we saw big move in top 3 after first lap this , apart from Verstappen in Silverstone or mechanical failures .
Two race wins is a pretty good score, for a rookie. I don't really get the Ocon bashing out there.In 2013 Marciello won 3 races out of first 6 and made five podiums.

As i said key is consistency. Yes Blomqvist, Auer, Fuoco , Verstappen won races and so what? If Ocon is finishing 90% of races in podium at the moment why would he try to take risks. I don't see the critics that we can do about his start of season while we could easily point out some mistakes or lack of pace from some front runners over the first two week ends.

I can give the point that on pure pace Ocon is not dominating but last year Marciello only had one pole position over first six races.

Last edited by Rf1 Fan; 6 May 2014 at 16:21.