View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2012, 17:23 (Ref:3065880)   #56
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns View Post
I once witnessed an RTA (and got involved in sorting it out. The other bystanders must have wondered who I was, barking orders and asking if the electrics had been turned off). Plod said they would come and take a statement in a few days so I thought it would be a good idea to make a few notes. The only paper I had with me was a BARC report form so I completed that, including a sketch of the "incident". Sergeant Plod was very impressed!
So I'm not the only one! After witnessing a t-bone from someone running a red, I did one on a Vancouver Indy CART report form, complete with drawing and (I must have been on autopilot) my name and SCCA license number! I remember "coming to" and realizing what had stopped me was the form asking for the car numbers involved, turn number and flag conditions before and after incident. I had already filled out track condition as "dry, clear."

Unlike Sergeant Plod above, though, the RCMP officer attending was suspicious as to why I had such a report form in my glove box, and "Gee, I dunno," wasn't the right answer. Sigh.

keke