View Single Post
Old 31 May 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3082307)   #22
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
They won't, so irrelevant .

Still there must be some source where one can find the location of the french speedcamera's ? Be it for a smartphone app or an internetlink? I just can't imagine the french gendarmes having managed to keep them all secret, anytime.
Not here in Holland, that's for sure...

When the last lot of so-called road safety legislation was passed, (1,000 new cameras, carry a breathalyser in your car) it was agreed that the location of fixed cameras should no longer be advertised and they disappeared from Michelin's on-line maps.

However, they have now reappeared! Go to: www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/traffic then navigate to a map of the area you're interested in. You can show fixed speed cameras by ticking the box marked Speed Cameras to the bottom right of the map. You can even print out the maps.

Radar detection devices are banned in France - you're not even allowed to have one in your car, tucked away, switched off in your boot. Having them in the database on your SatNav seems to be a grey area. I've switched them off on mine and rely on noting down the information gleaned from the Michelin website.

Unfortunately, none of this helps when they're pointing a mobile camera at you from a bridge over the autoroute. The only sure solution to that one is to stick to the speed limit.