View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2012, 06:03 (Ref:3158816)   #120
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Pleased you asked. For me it's a matter of the status of the various series run by the HSCC.
Peter, I think you are right to express that concern and maybe (if you haven't done so) to the HSCC as well.

BUT... Lets speculate that the two meetings under discussion are Brands Hatch Superprix and 3 day Oulton Park Gold Cup. This year HFO pulled out of the former (leaving a gap in schedule), and at BOTH meetings there was space on Saturday morning that was filled with untimed practice. This was criticised by some as a waste of track time.

While I totally agree with your point about the HRSR race at Oulton, if the shedule permitted practice and a 40 or 2 x 20 minute races for Supertourers (or any other invited series) without losing any track time for established series, then for me it all sounds positive.

My concern, Jonny, is that the dates under discussion could clash with the JDCC. If you want Gp2 and GpA (no mention on Gp1?) cars as well you will need to work with MRL on this. Oh, and just remind the odd driver about historic racing being non-contact, please......