View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3398460)   #771
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Every now and then you will have a day where everything goes well. Today for me is that day.!!!!.
1st,made a complicated repair plate for a chassis. "it fits".
2nd, did a bit of soldering, "awsum".
3rd and last just spent 4 hours with a driver making one of those beeded seats. "Eeees Appy"..
4, going home soon on the treader and will probaly stop for a couple of beers..
Sounds good. My day has been going the other way.

Newly fitted (yesterday) bath waste outlet leaked. Needed sealant where it should not have needed any on a thread.

Also it's a gnat's off being entirely level as it kept shifting as I struggled to reach stuff to tighten it. So the last drops of water don't quite drain off. Grr. It'll have to stay like that.

Changed a badly cracked plastic handle fitted to the bath. Realised afterwards that removing the old seized bolt fitting could have been done more easily - didn't really need the hacksaw at all ... doh!

Now have to change the other handle as the colour mismatch is more noticeable than I had hoped it would be. But that one is at the inaccessible back of the bath against a wall so working blind a full stretch. Not fun.

Braided (metal) flexible hose to the cold tap in our cloakroom was leaking yesterday, soaked quite a lot of wooden floor and trims. Suspected a joint on the isolation valve but it seems that the hose has sprung a leak in the middle. Bizarre. No idea why that might be. Nor, yet, quite how much water escaped before it was spotted. The knock-on effects may be significant.

Meanwhile ... last time out at Mallory 10 days ago I stupidly considered breaking in to a trot at one point to get to a better photo position. After 3 paces a tiny twinge in a knee suggested that might not be a great idea so I stopped. But the twinge has not gone away. Yesterday I thought I would 'walk it off' with an errand into the village - about a mile and bit in total. The knee has been getting more uncomfortable by the hour ever since.

Fitness? Dangerous if you ask me (especially when I am contorted try to reach the darned bolts on the bath handle!)

Iain, I assume the new seat is to be tested on Wednesday? I'll see if I can get a mobility scooter for the day - may need one by then based on current progress.