View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2016, 11:17 (Ref:3634384)   #10191
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I must say that, after looking at the results, I was slightly disapointed with Audi's pace. I initially thought they would have a good margin to the rivals, as last year, then, after what Lotterer and DiGrassi said, I got a little more conservative but still expected a clear gap to Porsche.

Looking at the results, it turns out that Audi and Porsche were quite matched and even Toyota was not much behind.

However, something crossed my mind as I looked into the chronological analysis pdf. Toyota and Porsche had a top speed of around 280kmh during their fastest laps, and in general(excluding odd cases of draft), while Audi had only ~270kmh.

There is parc ferme rules for WEC too, right? I mean, the setup used in QLF must be used during the race? If so, I just think Audi might have ran too much rain biased, and hence their QLF gap of 1s to 919, and it handicapped them for the dry race pace.

When I have time, I'll look into onboard footage to see how much faster Audi was, on high speed corners, given this top speed differences.

Last edited by Artur; 18 Apr 2016 at 11:22.