View Single Post
Old 1 Nov 2012, 05:02 (Ref:3160871)   #1788
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes i think you're right rev about the car numbers being maxxed out at 24 total. But one would also think that if the interest (and of course money) was there then why not stretch out to more cars? (say 28). But thats another story i guess.

You say sticking a hyundai bumper on will make no difference, and to you it may not. But to your average msport fan, it may make a huge difference, and i think thats the way the ST management thinks, and that is to appeal to a younger audience and do away with the old-school holden vs ford mentality. its stars in cars, simple as that.

No doubt ( and i am assuming you know this, otherwise you would not post it), the CCC made more money out of the tier 1 event, but which class do you reckon made most of that coin? the NZV8's or the support classes? I just had a quick look through the archives and i assume you are referring to the meeting held from 9 - 11 December 2011. There were 10 NZV8 cars in total for crying out loud! Do you think that the crowds were there to watch these 10 cars?